Complaints Procedure

Gillian and Amanda strive to provide the best possible services for our clients.

However, you may feel that we have not met your needs.

If you have any complaint or concern about the service you are entitled to ask for an explanation.

Complaints are dealt with in the first instance by Gillian Lund and in conjunction with advice from her indemnifier (Hiscox) and professional body (Royal College of Midwifery). This procedure does not deal with matters of legal liability or compensation or regulation.

Gillian Lund will:
– Listen to your complaint or concern.
– Respond by establishing a clear, appropriate plan of action, and provide you with relevant support and advice.
– Improve the service however possible.

How to make your complaint
Any concerns can be raised initially directly during consultations or by phone. If your problem is not resolved in this way and you wish to make a complaint, please do so as soon as possible.

Please make your complaint in writing to Gillian Lund via email at

Please be assured that any complaint you make, written or verbal, will be treated in strict confidence and have no effect upon the level of treatment and care that you receive.

If you would prefer a family member, friend or advocate to make the complaint on your behalf, they may do so. However, whilst we can receive a complaint on your behalf, we cannot provide any medical information to a third party without your written consent.

What happens next?
Your complaint will be acknowledged within two working days of receiving it.

Gillian Lund aims to make a full response to you within the next 20 working days. During that time an investigation will seek to find out what has happened and whether there is any action that can be taken to put things right.

Gillian Lund will:
– Make sure you receive an apology
– Examine what has happened and what went wrong
– Make it possible for you to discuss the problem face to face, if you would like this
– Keep you informed of progress
– Identify what we can do to make sure that problem does not happen again

Getting further help with your complaint
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you can seek further advice from the Nursing and Midwifery Council

You may also contact the CQC if you feel that your complaint is not being dealt with in a satisfactory manner:
Care Quality Commission on 03000 616161,

It is important however to know that CQC cannot make complaints for you or take them up on your behalf, because as a regulator the CQC does not have the powers to investigate or resolve them.

The CQC want you to tell them about experiences of care. It helps them to decide when, where and what to inspect, and to take action to prevent poor care happening to others in the future. CQC also want to hear about good experiences of care.

Thank you

Gillian Lund

Registered with and regulated by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.

Insured by Hiscox.

Member of Lactation Consultants of Great Britain, United States Lactation Consultant Association, The Association of Tongue-tie Practitioners and The Royal College of Midwifery.